Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've already announced this to a couple of smaller crowds (CCCF and our Facebook page) but this forum has by far the biggest group of Cougar people, and we think it's ready for your eyes. If you've already seen this, forgive the redundancy.

Behold! http://www2.cougarpartscatalog.com

This has been a long time coming. For over two years we have been developing our new website in secrecy. Call it Cougar Parts Catalog 2.0 if you want. And at this moment, even though it is fully functional, it isn't 100% buttoned up - much like our Cougars, which are never really "finished." But it's close enough to completion that we've been unveiling it to progressively larger crowds - now it's the turn of MC.net! Some of the features of our new site include:

-Wishlist building
-Save / email your shopping cart for later
-Back-in-stock email notification
-Store your email / credit card / address in a secure account for easier future use
-Vastly improved search function
-Overall looks way better than the old one :thumbup:
-Many more cool features coming in the future!

One of the big reasons for announcing the site early to you before unleashing it to the general public is this - we need your HELP!

As with any new website, there are mistakes and errors hidden all over the place. We can't possibly find them all by ourselves. It could be something as simple as a product description that is missing inline pictures / has wrong information, or it could be a functional problem where the website doesn't act like it's supposed to.

So, for any error you report, we will give you an automatic 75% off shipping for your next order (domestic UPS Ground only).
For our international friends, you will get 10% off UPS Expedited shipment (which is usually pretty significant).
The order must me made through the new website to get the discount. One-time discount only, but you can report as many errors as you want!

To report an error, simply click the small button in the upper-right hand corner that says "Report Error". You will receive your discount code by email shortly thereafter.

About accounts - if you've ordered anything from us in the past couple years, you probably already have an account on the new site with your information already imported. Click the "Login" button at the top and follow the directions to get it set up.

Thanks for your continued support, and we hope you're as excited about the new website as we are! Your feedback is important to us, even if you think it sucks. :1poke:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Looks good guys. Keep up the good work, is there ever going to be a good under hood blanket made?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Looks really nice, clean, bright, and professional. Good work and can't wait to try it out looking for parts!

·
Registered
85 Posts
The website looks good.

I tried to place an order but it got hung up trying to add a new account. I sent an error report, but I am not sure if it was me that was the error.

It kept prompting me for a "Shipping phone number" and I tried entering one every way I could think of.

I hope I didn't just place 17 orders for hood scoops by trying over and over.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys! This morning I was surprised to see that Joshua (our IT guy) went ahead and set up a redirect so that the new site is what the general masses will see now. Sooner public unveiling than I expected, but it had to happen!

Andy - We think the issue with the phone number might be because we didn't import people's phone numbers into the new accounts, so you and other people are probably seeing everything else filled out and skipping over the phone number field. But it sounds like you did try to fill one out, so I'm not sure what's going on there. Also it looks like you didn't have any orders come through, probably because you couldn't get past that point. I think Joshua has been in communication with you to work through the issue.

One big thing that we want to work on is putting icon pictures on the subcategories. Right now they are just text links at the top of a section and are easy to miss. The problem is that we'll have to do it manually, section by section. There are a lot of other similar things that still need to be straightened out, but at least it's functioning and is better than our old site, we think. I guess the more people that use it, the more issues we'll discover and be able to fix!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts