Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here is the promised video coverage of last weekend's Prowl in Issaquah, WA. We had a great time walking around, checking out cool cars, talking to people, and chugging ice cold root beer. Several of us WCCC'ers were there (me, Don, Scott, Lin and Javier) and with the obvious exception of myself, everyone managed to get in the video! When I started looking through our interviews, I could tell that a theme was emerging... see if you can tell what it is. :D Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Nice video! The theme seems to be aqua cars. I think there were 3 aqua convertibles there and another 3 or 4 hardtop's.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Well, here is the promised video coverage of last weekend's Prowl in Issaquah, WA. We had a great time walking around, checking out cool cars, talking to people, and chugging ice cold root beer. Several of us WCCC'ers were there (me, Don, Scott, Lin and Javier) and with the obvious exception of myself, everyone managed to get in the video! When I started looking through our interviews, I could tell that a theme was emerging... see if you can tell what it is. :D Enjoy!
It looks like you need a beard to own a 69. Limited to no facial hair is accepted for 67 and 68 owners.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Andrew, Don, You guy's rock!! These video's just keep getting better and better. After watching this a couple of times I will probably watch it again a few more times. Thanks for doing this for us that can't make such a long drive to an event like this. As for a theme, Yup, Aqua paint and beards. Does this mean I have to grow mine back if I paint mine the same color?
Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
You do a very nice job, I have noted that before, NOTHING PERSONAL, IMO it would have been better with less camera on the owner/owners, and more shots of the car. You could still conduct the interview, but move the camera around at the same time.

Just an opinion, but DID enjoy.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestion Dale, I think you have a good point. Sometimes I don't spend enough time getting detailed footage of a car. It's a difficult balance, because while the car is a beautiful inanimate object, it also is a statement made by the person who owns it, so it's important to show them and their personality. But hey, I don't claim to be a pro at this, although technically it's what I'm doing for a living :)

I like the ideas on the "theme" ... beards and aqua are great guesses! Not quite what I was thinking, though. I was thinking that, with one exception, we featured cars that were imperfect, not fully restored, etc. The roller paint job, the work-in-progress, and the original survivor. I guess the theme I saw was that the hobby can be enjoyed no matter what the condition of your car. On a side note, I'm glad I have a beard :D Thanks for the comments

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Andrew, his camera and his beard. Nice work Andrew! We were lucky to have the WCCC guys document Prowl.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Once again, terrific job guys.

Don, great job of hosting. You're very comfortable in front of the camera - very natural and relaxed interviews with good questions. A pleasure to watch.

Andrew, wish you and your camera had been able to make the trip to N.J. and document the Nats!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Tried to watch a few times, keep getting "an error occurred try again later"
Was able to watch on your YouTube channel.

Excellent, excellent job guys!!!
That roller paint job looked very good.
That blue 70 Eliminator, I want one.

Don, you could have a future in television.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
You do a very nice job, I have noted that before, NOTHING PERSONAL, IMO it would have been better with less camera on the owner/owners, and more shots of the car. You could still conduct the interview, but move the camera around at the same time.

Just an opinion, but DID enjoy.

Dale in Indy
Good feedback and we invite the constructive criticism from all of you. I agree, don't really get much enjoyment out of my goofy mug, would have enjoyed some detailed interior shots and under hood shots of Dave Nashiff's 69 convertible. Maybe every time Don starts talking the camera goes to the car and when the owner starts talking you do a mix of the car and the actual owner. 50 videos down the road we will look back at these early ones and chuckle. If Andrew starts off this strong out of the box think what he can achieve in a year or two!

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Once again, terrific job guys.

Don, great job of hosting. You're very comfortable in front of the camera - very natural and relaxed interviews with good questions.
Thanks! Again I will deflect to Andrew... He coaches me and makes me do it over and over again until I get it right. "Stand up straight Don, wipe the mustard off your cheek, that was not funny... Try again, too wordy, speak louder". The real magic is in the editing, he can make junk footage look OK with a lot of hours.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Great vid. And some beautiful cars, looks like a really fun show. To me it was nice to hear the owners talk about their cars a bit. Good mix of people, storyline and Cougars. Those 2 guys who walked in front of the camera were funny.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Thats some cool pictures Don, I can tell the first ones were taken at Junita Beach park just north of Kirkland in about 1998/99ish the rest were in Renton at carco park in th early 2000s. We were getting over 200 cars of Mercury, Lincoln and Ford name plates. Some great shows directed by Mark Orgren and the rest of us at Cascade Cougar club.

·
Registered
51 Posts
paint your car w a roller....? why not buiy a pressure treated 4 x 4 and make some bumpers and save another 800.00 As always, another great video. Someone needs to make a video on how to make a tilt away work... thats a beautiful 428 eliminator in the video

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
paint your car w a roller....? why not buiy a pressure treated 4 x 4 and make some bumpers and save another 800.00 As always, another great video. Someone needs to make a video on how to make a tilt away work...
I think you may want to take a look at that car in person before you make any assumptions about the quality or viability of a roller paint job.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Don, great video. You have a knack for the camera, really. You find some neat people and their story, it's as simple as that. Good stuff and it looked like a great day.

·
Registered
51 Posts
"I think you may want to take a look at that car in person before you make any assumptions about the quality or viability of a roller paint job". ........I will say this, from looking at the video pics ,the paint didnt look as bad as it sounded.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
knowing the car, if Dave didn't tell you he did it with a roller you would never know. It may never win a "Best Paint" award. but it is a fine looking Cougar. I've only been to 3 Cougar Nationals, but I think he would fair well in a daily Driver class. I also think it looks far better then my 70 XR-7 that was repainted in 1980 using more traditional methods.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts