Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hi everyone! Here at WCCC we recently crushed a big pile of about 40 cars (mostly 74-79 Cougars), along with a truck full of junk, and an old forklift. We're having a contest to see who can guess how much it was all worth in scrap metal. Winner gets $100 to spend in our online store! Watch the video below:

CONTEST RULES:
Guess how much the pile of 40 cars, the junk-filled truck, and the old forklift shown in this video total in either tonnage or dollar value (at $260/ton). The closest guess, without going over the actual amount, will win a $100 gift certificate in our online store.

TO SUBMIT YOUR GUESS:
Make any online order (even freebies, so no purchase necessary) and write your guess in the "Comments" section on checkout.

Don't make your guesses here in the thread! Use the above method or it won't count.

Contest is closed to "WCCC insiders" who already know the answer! You know who you are...

Also note that as of now we no longer carry parts for 74-79 Cougars.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Total take $22,100.00

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Love the Bric-A-Brac pointer, LOL!

Classic..

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
That video was was kind of sad.:cry:

But it would be fun to operate the crusher.

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
I think I'm going to start an anti-discrimination action on behalf of all 74 - 79 Cougar owners

Who said they are not classic cougars

I'm deeply offended that I cannot get parts for my rarer than a GTE (in numbers that exist) 77 Mercury Cougar Villager Brougham Station Wagon

There must be some recourse for such blatant discriminatory action

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
I think I'm going to start an anti-discrimination action on behalf of all 74 - 79 Cougar owners

Who said they are not classic cougars

I'm deeply offended that I cannot get parts for my rarer than a GTE (in numbers that exist) 77 Mercury Cougar Villager Brougham Station Wagon

There must be some recourse for such blatant discriminatory action
So rare we have never even had one in the yard! Sad day to be honest, how did you like the funeral music on the cold, rainy dreary day? Great job mixing it Andrew! Anything that is less than quality can be blamed on me as I was the Camera man.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
I'm not following the rules and it won't count, but I don't need to order anything at this point so I'm going to guess $7800 (1500 lb average weight x 40 cars = 60,000 lbs or 30 tons @ 260.00 per ton).

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Re: WCCC Car Crushing Contest!
Originally Posted by Don Rush
So rare we have never even had one in the yard!
except maybe this one

Leon
Brisbane, Australia
Leon,
I think he meant the other yard. I recall your wagon well. I'd say that in that picture it was just about in his new garage.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I see Leon has a guard dog for that rare wagon too!....rightfully so! ;>0

You guys aren't going to pull a fast one on us and count the weight of the delivery truck too!? (Unless it's a trailer towed by a '79 wagon!) LOL

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
NO longer challenged my mere rust, Bob decided to restore a car that had been crushed...
Now that's just not right.....might be acurate, but still not right! :)

Funny as he!! though. (coming from a guy restoring one with almost as much rust as ECI Bob's had)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts