Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vents in front of the windsheild leak water into the interior instead of only draining properly behind the front wheels.

My car is otherwise in fantastic shape and I can see that restoring this aspect alone will take a lot more time than I have right now. I try to keep it garaged or covered up but I do live in Seattle and can't help but take on some rain in those vents.

I once saw a cougar with a color coordinated "mat" that seemed to fit perfectly into the recess of the vents most likely magnetic and sealed tight. At first I thought it must be custom made but it had a brand name on it.

Can anyone tell me where I can get something like this made?

·
Registered
75 Posts
the name on my magnetic cover has faded, sorry.

the magnetic is a lot better than the plastic one with the twist fasteners (in my opinion - i have had both)

good luck

·
Registered
215 Posts
cover

you could go to a sign shop.
one that make magnetic signs.
i think they would be cheaper to.
have one made.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
These covers are on eBay all the time..and selling for about the opening bid. There are also repair kits that can be purchased depending on where the holes are of course!! Just my 0.32 CDN cents!!:)

·
Registered
669 Posts
What year is the cat? The '67-'68 to properly repair is a major undertaking. Requires unwelding the cowl. If it's a '69 (and I think '70 also) the cowl unbolts and then the repair is not as big a deal.

Otherwise your temporary fix is a cover as you guys have mentioned...question is, doesn't that stop air from coming in thru the vents? Could get a little stuffy in the car.

What do I know, you don't even need heat where I am, it's hot and humid 8+ months of the year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts