Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup Gangstas? Very long time, no chat.
Anyways, I’ve been working on the car again after many years, and I found this bracket that I don’t remember where it went. Seeing as I’m reassembling the car, I am sure this is gonna occur more frequently lol.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
18 Posts
If your car is manual transmission I'd go with Clutch Z-bar or somewhere in the linkage. Not beefy enough to be a Power steering ram anchor I think. Either way I'd start looking at the frame rails for 2 holes that match the spacing on the bracket. Others may have different ideas.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW - been a while. Good to see you are working on the 69. Most of us have migrated over to Classic Cougar Community
Hi Leon!

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that’s my next plan.
If your car is manual transmission I'd go with Clutch Z-bar or somewhere in the linkage. Not beefy enough to be a Power steering ram anchor I think. Either way I'd start looking at the frame rails for 2 holes that match the spacing on the bracket. Others may have different ideas.
It’s always been an auto trans, so I’m not sure what it is. I figured like a trans cooling line bracket, but I didn’t find anywhere that lined up

·
Registered
18 Posts
Part of the hinge for the hidden headlight? With the wear impression around the hole it had to be supporting something with a rod or bushing through it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sup Gangstas? Very long time, no chat.
Anyways, I’ve been working on the car again after many years, and I found this bracket that I don’t remember where it went. Seeing as I’m reassembling the car, I am sure this is gonna occur more frequently lol.
Any ideas?
It looks like a 1967-68 289-302 3C510 power steering hose bracket that is attached to the frame member next to the driver's side motor mount. I was not aware that they used them in 1969.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks like a 1967-68 289-302 3C510 power steering hose bracket that is attached to the frame member next to the driver's side motor mount. I was not aware that they used them in 1969.
View attachment 117533
Huh that looks like it for sure.
My car has the power steering all hooked up still, so this bracket should be on it still.

no idea where this one came from then. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts