Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel that since I recommended this vendor for inclusion in the links section that I should give a review so that others out there don't have the same problems that I have had.
I ordered a part from Showcars Unlimited (http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/) on 9/5/01.
I paid for it via PayPal on 9/5/01. Was told that I would have the part in 10 days. :)
I waited until 10/5/01 for my part, then told them to cancel - I was going elsewhere.
On 10/6/01 They offered to ship it that day. :rolleyes:
On 10/7/01 I told them again to send me a refund, I was going elsewhere. :(
On 10/20/01, they offered to submit a credit to PayPal for me. I told them that I wanted a check.
Here it is 11/6/01 and I have not received a check nor a PayPal credit. :mad:
I have however received my part from the other vendor. :D
So, take this for what it's worth - some of you may have had good luck with this vendor. I did not.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUYER BEWARE!

:angryfi: Here's a follow up to my earlier rantings about SHOWCARS UNLIMITED:
I recieved a check from Robert Johnson dated Nov 16 for $150.00 US as a refund for the part that I had ordered back in September.
I deposited the check at my bank and waited to see what would happen.
I intentionally did not give a follow up to this thread because quite honestly, I did not trust that the check would be any good.
Well, today I received a letter from my bank stating that they had debited my account $170.00 because the check that I deposited for $150.00 HAD A STOP PAYMENT AGAINST IT! :finger:
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!
I have notified Robert Johnson via email of this and will pursue this matter through both the US and Canadian BBBs.
I do not know if there is one in Canada, but I imagine that they have some kind of consumer watchdog group up there that can help me. Anyone from Cananda that can help me out with a group to contact? :1zhelp:
I will continue to keep you updated on the shinanagins of Showcars Unlimited.:angryfi:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Strange, I know a number of people that have dealt with Showcars and had no problems.

In fact, they're making a fibreglass front end for my buddy's 68 Drag car right now...

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, I can't believe this either.
I sent a letter to TCCN and Steve has offered to contact them and get their side.
I cannot understand what the problem is. I think that I have gone well beyond being what would be expected.
Hopefully this will be resolved once and for all.
I will let everyone know either way.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
If you give me their address (I have not dealt with them yet) I will get you the contact info of the BBB for that area. We had an organization called "Canadian Consumer" but no more they joined with Consumer Reports. Don't know of any other organizations except in the province of Quebec.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Resolution!

Thanks to Steve at TCCN this issue has finally been resolved! :D
I received a refund for the part and the bank fees within days of Steve contacting them.
Apparently there were problems with their computers and some mix up with bank accounts.
My thanks to Steve Eitzen for mediating this to a happy conclusion. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts