Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have a working used 1969 rimblow switch for a daily driver? I should have listened to Don before I bought one of those lousy reproduction Taiwanese pieces of junk! It failed the FIRST time, and unfortunately nobody makes a quality reproduction, and I sure don't want to hook up a doorbell switch in order to have a horn that works.

JAMES

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Hate to rain on the parade, but you are not going to come up with good used.

Interesting that the B302 guys are saying NPD has them. Think Don would know about these (and probably does), I'll take a guess that they are the "chinese junk" and that the real issue is the same issue any switch has, good or less than good - installation is not easy/requires finesse. To my point, one of the B302 guys says that he has had great success with some of his chinese switch installs.

I was lucky enough to buy a NORS Ford one but I had Best in Show (who did my wheel) install it. Works great. Funny how expensive things get, I think I paid $300 with shipping for the wheel resto and the rimblow install was free. The NORS switch was right around $100 as I recall.

Speaking of the cost of things, I happened to notice my Bumper Boyz bumpers were around $280 each all tolled with delivery to Englishtown back in 2004 I think it was. Which to me makes WCCC's price now a pretty good deal I would say.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob,
I got lucky about 7 years ago and found a rimblow switch in the junkyard and transplanted into my other Cougar.

JAMES

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Bob,
I got lucky about 7 years ago and found a rimblow switch in the junkyard and transplanted into my other Cougar.

JAMES
That IS lucky indeed!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts