Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AlphaCat is finally getting put back together this winter after it's looooong hibernation. The problem is that I no longer have a set of wheels for it. Well, actually that isn't true, but... I do have a set of 14x7 painted Magnums that I had picked up at a swap meet years ago. (see that one pic of BetaCat in my gallery -- it had its own 14x6 painted Magnums on the front and AlphaCat's 14x7s on the back)

Now that I'm getting long winded abut what was, here's what I want...

AlphaCat used to have a set of 14x7 aluminum slotted wheels. They just looked right on there! The problem is that those wheels went bye-bye on my old car hauling trailer and now I need new ones. What I really want is another set of aluminum slots. A set of four 15x7s, and maybe a pair of 15x10s for slicks for when I go to the track.

Why do I want aluminum slots? To be different! When was the last time you saw an old classic car riding on a set of aluminum slots? It seems like everyone has gone to aluminum billet wheels, or Drag Stars, or the like. I want that old Period Look for my car -- you know, what you would have put on the car back in the day.

Can anyone dig a set out of their attic/barn/garage/basement?

Thanks!
Milo

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Milo best deal on wheels is Don Rush of West Coast Classic Cougars. Try a link at top of page or in vendors section. Don's got the best deals on wheels.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
I know someone here who would gladly trade aluminum slots for mach one rims.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
got a pic of the wheels you want? im a youngun and i dont know the term Aluminum Slots...

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm getting toooo old for this!

Steve, take a look at the pics of AlphaCat in my gallery. It is wearing the aluminum slots when these pics were taken back in Fall '83. The one pic of BetaCat all alone (as it sits today) shows the painted Magnum 500s.

*grumble-grumble -damn young punk kids - grumble-grumble!* j/k ;)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Cj, wished I knew as I gave a set of 15x7's away just a couple years ago. Actually my cousin talked me out of them for his 70 Mustang coupe. There still around though as I see em from time to time. Watch e-bay if you dont find some in Columbus this weekend.

By the way, were the 70 Mustang 14x7 gt style wheels ever used on a 70 or later Cougar? mm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts