Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a Cougar convertible in great driver condition or better. I’ve had two 68s and a 69 so I know them well. I’m going to drive it on nice days. I can pay cash and am willing to go $30 - 40k for the right car. I live north of Atlanta. Let me know if you have one for sale. Phil 770 331-3457

·
Registered
92 Posts
I’m looking for a Cougar convertible in great driver condition or better. I’ve had two 68s and a 69 so I know them well. I’m going to drive it on nice days. I can pay cash and am willing to go $30 - 40k for the right car. I live north of Atlanta. Let me know if you have one for sale. Phil 770 331-3457
There is a black convertible on ebay but seller is difficult. He refuses to let anyone inspect personally "Red Flag" He is evasive about the Marti because he does not want anyone to know it was born as a yellow car. I finally got him to send a pick of the door tag and discovered that.. He answers all questions until you ask to see the Marti or for a personal inspection. Then we hear crickets. he is upset with me because I was high bidder up to $30,000 but when I discovered his deception I retracted my bid. I told him I would pay $31,000 allowing an inspection after auction ended. He refuses to sell to me upon principle because he feels I ruined his first auction. I would not buy this car without personal inspection. I believe he is hiding more, proceed with caution. He also does not want to talk on the phone. I dare anyone to ask to see the Marti to see how he responds. 1969 Mercury Cougar XR7 Convertible | eBay

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have followed that car because it’s what I’m looking for, but have not bid on it because the seller won’t give me his phone number and won’t let me see it in person, both of which I’ve requested. All he would do is send more pictures. You got further than me with a phone call.
The funny thing is it doesn’t matter to me if the color’s been changed or if other tasteful upgrades have been done. I would pay in the 30s for that car if it’s nice and everything works, but until the seller contacts me by phone and let’s me see the car I’m not interested. Something is fishy and I’m not biting.

·
Registered
92 Posts
He refused to give me his phone number also. He got very nasty when I wanted to figure out how nice of a color change it is or is not. That is why I wanted to see it personally. Was it masked up and shot or was a nicer job done. I also was willing to give him over 30

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like a nice car, but the seller is acting like he’s hiding something. His refusal to give out his phone number to discuss the car and have it inspected are keep me from bidding on the car, which is the opposite reaction from what he wants. Maybe he thinks somebody will pay his price without discussing it, seeing it, or having it inspected. It seems the auction bidders have figured that out and are keeping the price down. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

There are similar issues with the car in Fairfield Ca. They’ll discuss the car lightly, but won’t budge on the price for a car that’s been advertised for at least a year. For sure the A/C doesn’t work, and they won’t say what else doesn’t work or describe the paint. They just plead ignorance and send pictures. I think the car has been sitting up for quite a while, which isn’t good for it, and the rules in California are strange and expensive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Phil, I sent you a text message about my Cougar that I may sell. I sent you some pics and I have the Marti report as well. If you have any interest, I would be happy to answer your questions. Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a show winner '69 XR-7 conv. for sale. It is a driver...restomod. Contact Roger [email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a show winner '69 XR-7 conv. for sale. It is a driver...restomod. Contact Roger [email protected]
Sorry I missed your call. Here are a few pics. It is one of the nicest Cougars available. Essentially a new car in a 51 year old body. Many, many upgrades.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m still trying to figure out this website so I hope you get this. I saw the two pictures of the car and I was redirected to Facebook where I saw the bodywork on the car. Let’s talk at your convenience. My email address is [email protected] if you want to send me some pictures directly. Thanks, Phil

·
Registered
545 Posts
Got it. Thanks. Sent note to your email.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts