Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the need of the rear body panel of a 71-73. This is the panel at the most back edge of the trunk opening. What I really need is the top portion with the trunk weatherstrip channel and the inch or so of good metal below that. My channel turned in to swiss cheese! This channel is about 4 feet long.

I tried those national salvage yard locator services. They actually expect me to pay over $125-$325 for the channel! What are they smoking? I can buy a new reproduction Mustang taillight panel, complete with the weatherstrip channel for $99.95, cut off the channel and throw the rest away for less than the price these robbers are 'asking'. :angryfi:

Anyone know what other car would have the same channel that I might have better luck finding up here in the Rustbelt? Old classic Mustangs and Cougars are loooong gone out of the salvage yards around here!

Please help!!!! :1zhelp:

Thanks,
Milo

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Channel all fixed. Welded in over a year ago.

·
Registered
373 Posts
You see, this is a case where judicious restraint paid off! I was going to make a "smart alecky" comment about even though the post is over a year old Milo still probably needs it because he has procrastinated... but, I thought better of it because I realized I would be talking about myself!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts