Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a '70 model XR-7 in restorable condition that is driveable. The Dallas/Ft. Worth area is preferred, but I could be convinced to travel for the right car.

If you know of any in your area, or happen to have one that needs a new home, please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I'm with the DFW Cats club. If you haven't been to one of our monthly meetings you should drop by. 2nd Thursday of each Month at John Eagle Lincoln Mercury at 7pm.

Right now, the only 70 XR7 vert I know of that's for sale is down in Houston. He's asking $5500 for it. Needs paint and upholstery, which to me makes that price way too high. I believe he's got a Holley fuel injection setup on it though...

I'll keep an eye out for you. Best bet is via this board, www.mercurycougars.com, or by dropping by a club meeting. Also keep an eye on dallasmorningnews.com's classifieds...

I picked up my 69 XR7 out of there for $1200.00...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply, and source info. I already had June 14th marked on my calendar for the next DFW Cats Club meeting, but now I don't have to worry about being thrown out by the bouncer for not having a Cougar...I was invited! ;)

Just to clarify, I'm not set on a hard top or convertible. My only parameters are '70 model, and an XR-7.

I've owned 2 '69's and a '67, but sold the last about 5 years ago, when I thought a new car with a warranty would make me happy. With nothing to keep me in the garage, I just drive my wife crazy around the house, so I'm getting a new cat...for her sanity, and mine.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Hilarious... :p

Absolutely, drop by the next meeting. I'll be there along with the rest of the guys... John Eagle supplies us with free food for having our meetings there, so show up with an empty stomach. There's usually tons of pizza.

When you get there, just go in the new car show room and ask one of the sales guys to take you back to the meeting room for the cougar club. It's off the service bays, so we're not always immediately visible.

We're usually out front shootin the **** at about 6:30pm, and the meeting gets underway around 7pm...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts