Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've been lookin' for quite a while but I figure it's about time I posted it "officially" here.

Wanted: 1970 Cougar Eliminator, with a 4-speed.
Prefer numbers matching, mostly original car with little or no rust. Running / driving car would be best.

Send me a PM.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
41 LOOKEELU'S and not one post. Dang it, Mike!

The blue one in Colorado that CougarBill mentioned...I talked with Bill early this week and it doesn't sound like the seller will motivate anytime soon. Sounds like the car needs paint, or soon will, and it has a custom grey fabric interior.

Sure hope you can find the right car.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've been keeping tabs on that one too. I was getting ready to shoot CougarBill another message. :)

Heck, I've even been thinking if something could be done with that orange Montana car. That one needs alot of "reverse engineering" though, and is missing its drivetrain :-/

I'll keep practicing patience, but it is getting harder with spring right around the corner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 1970 Eliminator 428 cj ram air auto. New white delux int. New $15,000.00 graber blue paint and body, project car, come with $14,000.00 in new repo parts to finish. All original parts there from s-tube, and working ram air, to power train. Want $25,000.00 Jim @ 780 425 4249 Thank you.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jim, holding out for a 4-speed car though.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Mike,I think "Ginger" might be the correct car for you.Sweat,Blood & a little bodywork will bring you both closer together :) Dave W is correct, you will only be happy with a T-Handle in your hand. Now convincing the "Boss" that there is another woman,"Ginger" in your life will be difficult but you can always tell her "But honey it's not MaryAnne":evil: Dave,"Bosscat40".

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Frank, would you do it for around $15k? Mike B is looking for a one of show car but feels he can get it done for around $15k because market is sooo soft.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Hi Frank, would you do it for around $15k? Mike B is looking for a one of show car but feels he can get it done for around $15k because market is sooo soft.
For a B302 'Liminator? :bong:

(but god bless you!)

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks Jeff, but I already talked to Frank about his car. I told him outright that a B2 Ecat would not be in my budget (unless it is a total mess ~ which his is not), but that if he wanted to send some info I would be happy to check it out and chat cars.

Frank offered me a very reasonable price since he is thinking about taking it to auction in the future. And for a few minutes I thought about it... If I don't fund the 401k, Roth, or kid's college fund this year, sell the cobra, use the project car fund... "Honey, wanna invest in a car? It's only $XXk!"..."can you live in it?"... LOL! As tempting as living in a Boss302 Eliminator might be, I had to pass. So I thanked Frank for thinking of me and talking cars with me :)

I never said I wanted a highly optioned show car, or even a "1-of" car. There's one option I'm most interested in.
I do have a budget, and a limited work space (garage, not a shop). So I have no room for something that needs completely torn down, or is already disassembled.

Like Don mentioned though, the market IS soft on unrestored / project 351 auto cars. Especially ones that are priced as if they are restored.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts