Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i am looking for an early 69 hood scoop as used on Cougars and Cyclones. it is not the same as an Eliminator scoop as it has different numbers on the inside (earlier revisions) and has a couple of extra short mounting bosses in the front middle that you may have noticed as being different. i have nice Eliminator scoops and lots of rare parts to trade for the right scoop. the later scoop has Ford Panel C9GB-16056-C, Ford Assy C9GB-16C664-C, and C9WB-16C664-C. i am looking for one with the part numbers ending in A or possibly B (not really sure) hawkrod

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Guess what I found in my treasure's in my attic, Are you sure the #s aren't C90-B 16C664-B and C90B 16056-B, It does have the extra 3 bosses that sit back about 2" back from where the grill bosses are. Intrerested, give me a email
Jon

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Just to let you know I have one that I personally removed from a 69 Cyclone spoiler in 1976 that was a 428 car. I dont remember if it was a CJ or not as the motor was removed when I got it but it has 2 bosses on each side in the front and the #s exactly as you listed. All ending in C. Dont know if it helps or not just letting you know what was on a 428 Cyclone. mm

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
early 69 scoop

thanks for responding. what you took off is the regular 428 scoop as used on all later cars and eliminators. i am looking for something different. the scoop i am looking for will have some extra mounting bosses in the front near the center and if you have one you will see what i am talking about. if you don't have one you will not understand. unfortunately i don't have a picture but suffice to say it is an unusual part as they changed them early in production. hawkrod

1 - 4 of 4 Posts