Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the Boston Metrowest area. I had a 68 XR7 GT about 20yrs ago in high school and into college. Brown with black interior and manual 3 spd. I miss it! Looking to start a project w my 2 young sons. So, I'm considering a cougar again. Hopefully a manual shift if possible. In driveable condition w solid frame and only minor rust.

Thanks. Ed

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi Ed,
I have a '68 "J" code Coug, that will be for sale shortly.
It would easily make the east coast, it is that good of a driver. My son has used it on a daily basis for 3 1/2 years. It does not have a stock motor. I have allot of original parts for it, that we have replaced with aftermarket stuff. To much to list here. If you are interested, email me at [email protected], and I can send you some pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Are you looking for a big-block or will a small-block be OK? I don't know of anything immediately, but I can keep an eye open for you. Also, you should feel free to join us at the Cougar Club of New England event in New Hampshire in August or at our September cook-out in West Brookfield. One of the club members may know of a car that would meet your specifications.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure which way to go on the engine size. Plus I am not trying to stay stock. I will be putting my twist on the vehicle for ride height, balance, safety etc. Thanks for keeping an eye open for me. I would like to go to a show sometime and poke around a bit. Thanks:

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts