Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just joined this website after lurking around for a few months.

I am looking for a 67-70 cougar that doen't need too much work. I don't want a shell. The bigger the engine the better.

As long as the car doesn't have tons of rust I'm probably interested.

I am in Yorktown, Va and want one that is some what close that I can inspect before I purchase.

(Also interested in 65-70 mustang fastbacks if you have one)

E-mail me at [email protected] if you have anything I might be interested in.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, that is a great site!

I found my 1965 Mustang on there:D I check it about once a week to see if any cougars are on there, but right now there aren't any that I like.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 67 Cougar right down the road in Newport News. Only thing is, its not for sale. HAHA. Sorry, just making a joke.

60sStang, I did want to ask you since you started looking for a Cougar in that area have you found any in any local junk yards or back yards that could maybe parted out for small parts??? I have not actually lived in Newport News for almost 5 years now, but my Cougar is being stored at my parents house there while I was out playing Soldier for the Army and is currently awaiting it's new engine. I'll be up there next month and figured I'd look around at junk yards to see if I could find any good parts or finds. Thanks. Good-Luck on the cougar. Ill keep my eye out for ya as well to. Would NC be to far for you to travel if I find any down here??

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am in Spartanburg, S.C. a friend has a 1967 XR7 289 car. I think it has been sitting a while.He say the gas tank is not clean , but he can use a jug and run gas into the engine to hear run . not sure on the tanny. sounds like it needs floors. He says every thing is there. $2500. E-mail direct [email protected]

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
I have a 69 xr7 that is probably the best body you are likely to see on the right coast. I am asking 2500.00 pluss another 500.00 will grant you a car load of hard to come by parts including front center grille and rear trunk Stainless and Aluminum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts