Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Interested in a 1970 Eliminator in Comp Green only. Will entertain any and all combinations. Would prefer nice solid project car however as many were not made in this color let me know what you have or what is available.

I have looked at the one on Cars Online for 30 grand. The current one being offered for 5 grand in Indiana is very rough and I don't have time for a massive project like that.

Been looking for almost three years now so I thought I'd throw a message on here!

Cheers,

Brian

·
Registered
255 Posts
Don't want you to be the only one posting on this thread so I'm throwing a little encouragement your way. You've been pretty patient so far (looking for 3 years) but every so often one will show up. I wonder what ever happened to One Punch's car that was for sale a while back? (check previous threads by One Punch) Must say, I do admire your taste in Eliminators and sorry mine's not for sale.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom,

Thanks for the kind words. I was about 2 hours late in responding to Punch's car when it was posted on the forums last year! Then I saw it on Ebay soon after that. For some reason my father and I just didn't bid on it as we were starting to look for other cars and were a bit discouraged. Should have bid on it as it was a solid car. Oh well...kicking myself now. I am patient though. The one on "carsonline" was very nice but had some bubbling on the on the rear quarter and bottom rocker. Not much but was starting to bubble and rust scares me. Especially at the price he wanted. Yeah Tom...that green is awesome. It looks stunning in person. You have a great car!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
428CJ 4 speed, great color. Someone will get a deal on this car!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I found this on a site called cars on line. It looks really hot and it is a numbers matching car. I hope it helps.

Jcat

1970 Mercury Cougar

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0 width=472><TBODY><TR><TD width=525>Mercury Cougar . Restored 1970 Eliminator is a rare numbers matching Muscle car. It features Competion Green paint, Rare Houndstooth Interior, power steering, Competition Suspension, 351 Cleveland engine and automatic transmission. It is 1 of 59 produced out of total production of 2267 Cougar Eliminators built in 1970 making it a rare Muscle car. This Eliminator runs and drives great making it a pleasure to drive. It is a show winning Muscle car documented with Marti report.
Price - $ 35,000 OBO
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=10><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#ffff00><CENTER> Tell-A-Friend
Notify a friend about this vehicle for sale
Click Here for automatic referral form.
</CENTER></TD><TD>
<CENTER>Call (260) 347-3869
Kendallville, Indiana US
</CENTER>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jcat,

Thanks for the link. I actually looked at this car this summer and would probably have bought it if it were not for a couple of issues with the car. The 428 car looks nice and would like to have that car, but at that price point I have to trade. Owner was not interested in trades so no go. Starting to consider 442's and GTO's now as I've always liked those but finding a car in an unusual color is a bit harder. Almost bought a w30 442 on ebay a few weeks ago in sienna color with sienna interior that needed work but looked straight but the owner was too bothered to send detailed pics of underneath the car. I've always liked the eliminator though because it is different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts