Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on two different things here guys, so slow down on the keyboard!!!

I need a 1970 Boss 302 balancer, replacement unit is fine.

Looking for complete sets of 351C 4 bolt main caps to convert a 2-bolt block that has the provisions for 4 bolt caps.

Drop me an email please!

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
If no one here has the caps, post a wanted add over on the Cleveland forum. I remember someone offering Dragboss some over there not long ago. If you aren't a member, or don't want to become one, I can put one up for you. I would offer you mine, but it's the only set I have.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Think you can buy aftermarket somewhere. All 2 bolt blocks should accomodate the (OEM style) 4 bolt caps, just need to be drilled, tapped and line bored. Most agree that the 4 bolts (again OEM style) add little over the two bolt style.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
70fc: thanks! Wouldn't want to take your last ones!!! Balancer is my big concern..... Caps are "if I happen across them...."

69xr..vert: Not all two bolt blocks are the same! Don't start with that rumor again! :) Some have the extra meaty bosses cast into them, some do not. All 72 (D2AE-CA) and up castings should be 4 bolt compatible after machining..... I agree with you on the benefit.....but then I am selling to those that "perceive" the benefit!!! :)

Ciao!
Steve

·
Registered
307 Posts
What is this Cleveland Forum you speak of 1970fastcat? Could you put up an address or direct me...please please please! Very interesting. Dave.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Certainly, they love new members. This is the discussion forum http://www.network54.com/Forum/119419/ and the main page is www.351cleveland.net <!-- google_ad_section_end -->Not as active as this place, but there are some very knowledgeable guys over there, anything from bone stock stuff to all out racing.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Have a set of 4 bolt caps. Send me PM if still interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts