Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a cougar. Needs to have a 4 or 5 speed manual transmission. Decent paint and interior. Registered. Within a few hours drive of San Francisco Bay Area.

Gotta be able to drive the car home. My limit is $4,000.

I just barely missed out on a 69 black on black in good shape with a 4 speed and recently rebuilt 351w for $4,000. I'm hoping there is another deal like that to be had.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, that's the one I missed out on. I was set to see it on Monday, had a time and place, and my parents decided it was too late and they didn't want to go. Called the next day and it was sold.

·
Registered
508 Posts
To bad you missed out on that one Andy, looked real clean with the options that you were looking for. That price was a steal. What you need is a good buddy who is willing to take you around when the "iron is still hot". When I was searching on Craigslist in your area,...a couple weeks back, could not believe how many Cougars were for sale in your area. Sure there will be more like it. The '69 is still listed,....unless the guy is lonely or just enjoys being annoyed with phone calls...HMMMM. Might give him another shout,...the deal may have fell through. Fingers crossed!

http://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/2959571187.html a long shot.

·
Registered
564 Posts
send you a message about another original Black XR7 4 speed car not as pretty but a running car for considerably less money.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I needed a car, got a really good offer for a truck, so I picked it up.

I'll be looking again in a few months, hopefully I can find something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts