Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I'm restoring my 1968 Cougar, xr-7, and in need of a manual transmission Interior center console. I'll consider any condition and color, but my preference is good condition and black color.

Regards,

John

·
Registered
7,569 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
As far as I know there are no reproductions of any of the Cougar console pads, XR-7 or standard, automatic or manual transmission. The Mustang ones are not the same.

I have a saddle colored XR-7 manual trans top pad and I know where a black is too, as long as my friend has not sold it.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Yes, they are for sale. The black pad belongs to a friend of mine so it is possible that he has sold since the last time we talked. I will PM you his contact information. Do you need a complete console? Or just the manual trans top pad? What I mentioned in my first post above are just the top pads. If you need a complete console I should be able to get you close depending upon a few things.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

·
Premium Member
13,578 Posts
Ouch! Something tells me you (the OP) weren't thinking it would be anywhere near that amount of duckets!

Does that price include a reach around or a kiss on the back of the neck? :buck:

Sorry, please excuse me, I could not help myself...

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
The expensive part is the top pad. It is 67-8 XR-7 manual trans only piece. The lower chrome piece is reproduced now. The rest of the console is pretty much the same as any other 67-8 console.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.