Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a driver seat for a 1967 Cougar XR7. The bottom of my old seat is broken in 3 places so I need something better. I have found people selling the seat frame only or located on the opposite side of the US. Just seeing if there is a local option to save on shipping costs. I'm located in the Bay Area, California. I'm looking for something with the cover still on but eventually will be reupholstering all the seats once my car is painted so I'm not looking for perfection. I've had my car since 1994 and I'm finally getting around to doing something with it. Any jelp would be much appreciated!

·
11,000 Posts
Lots of Cougar owners in that area belong to the local Cougar club. I suggest that you join the club and then network with members who often have leftover parts for sale cheap. Here is the Stray Cats Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MercuryStrayCats

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm looking for a driver seat for a 1967 Cougar XR7. The bottom of my old seat is broken in 3 places so I need something better. I have found people selling the seat frame only or located on the opposite side of the US. Just seeing if there is a local option to save on shipping costs. I'm located in the Bay Area, California. I'm looking for something with the cover still on but eventually will be reupholstering all the seats once my car is painted so I'm not looking for perfection. I've had my car since 1994 and I'm finally getting around to doing something with it. Any jelp would be much appreciated!
I have a pair of seats (driver & passenger) in my 67 XR7 that I am going to be getting rid of and replacing with fox body Mustang seats. They are black and in really good shape. If I remember correctly, I don't believe there are any rips or tears at all. I will be keeping the seat tracks to use on the Mustang seats, but it sounds like you already have a pair of seats you could use the seat tracks off of. If you're interested, let me know. I'm in Washington State.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a pair of seats (driver & passenger) in my 67 XR7 that I am going to be getting rid of and replacing with fox body Mustang seats. They are black and in really good shape. If I remember correctly, I don't believe there are any rips or tears at all. I will be keeping the seat tracks to use on the Mustang seats, but it sounds like you already have a pair of seats you could use the seat tracks off of. If you're interested, let me know. I'm in Washington State.
I'd be interested in those seats when/if you change them out. I have seat tracks, so that wouldn't be a problem. I'm in California so I'd need to ship them. Let me know what you were thinking for a price.

-Bryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts