Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
A Visibility Group was not a listed factory option in '67. There were two other option groups, the Light Group ($16.85) and the Convenience Group ($23.35). The light group included a parking brake warning lamp, trunk lamp, and rear courtesy (aka "Opera") lamps. The Convenience Group included these lights plus rear armrests. Both were only available on Standard Cougars, as these items were included on XR-7s. The Convenience Group was a mid-year option that was installed on 3,989 cars.

·
Registered
259 Posts
What option includes door ajar, low fuel with the over head lights or is that all XR7's.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Don't know if this helps you or not but the visibility group was a Ford option for the Mustang, Torino, Fairlane, Ranchero and even the F-series trucks in the 60's. For the 68 Mustang it included left hand remote mirror, under hood and trunk lights, glove box light and lock, and underdash lamps on coupes and convertibles. There was also a listing for it on the 69 Mach 1, it included a remote-control driver's-door mirror, day/night inside rear view mirror, two-speed electric wipers and windshield washers and cost you $36.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks maxgig, your info seems to be in line with info I received on another site.
Greg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, I know this is an old topic, but stumbled across it today likely looking for the same answer. If the 'Visibility Group' wasn't offered on the '67 Cougar, someone needs to tell Kevin that.

I have seen two of his Deluxe reports that decode the Visibility Group.
One's was for a '67 Mercury Cougar and the other was for a '67 Ford Country Sedan 4-door Wagon.

Based on my decoding of the 80-column computer record, we should be looking at column 47, which according to the Ford punch card I have, is labeled "Lights / Convenience Panel / Clock". Possible values I've identified so far:

2 - Electric Clock
4 - Courtesy Light Group
6 - Electric Clock / Courtesy Light Group
7 - Electric Clock / Visibility Group
8 - Safety Convenience Control Panel / Electric Clock
D - Safety Convenience Control Panel / Courtesy Light Group
E - Safety Convenience Control Panel / Visibility Group
F - Safety Convenience Control Panel / Courtesy Light Group / Electric Clock
H - Safety Convenience Control Panel

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts