Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you have noticed any 67 or 68 cougars that had just a single hood release arm versus the twin arms that are commonly found.......
I looked at some parts recently and the guy had parted a 67 that he swears had just a single arm that releases the hood. He was very thorough with stripping the car and was confient in what he was saying.......I just haven't seen one before.......Keith

·
Registered
676 Posts
Keith are you referring to the metal piece under the bumper you grab to release the hood latch? If so, I've only seen two Cougars close enough to check, but both had only one arm.

·
Registered
588 Posts
There are two supports but only one arm, maybe you are was mixing up terms? My buddy's 67 out in the back yard only has a single arm attached to the handle and latch, right between the two supports.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neal and Bruce,
Thanks for replies. I'm sure what he was saying, there was no confusion........He said the "pull" handle wasn't in center as normal and that instead of the two "hook" arms that restrains hood there was supposedly just one. No big deal, I just thought it strange as I know I had never seen that configuration.
Thanks..........Keith

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I've never seen that either, Keith - not even when I've seen 'em for sale on Ebay, for that matter...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts