Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier today my brother had his '69 Mustang towed and the guy driving the tow truck saw my '68 cougar and said "Hey I have '73 cougar for sale" So I went and took a look at it. The body was in all right condition just the left front panel was bent a little from hitting something. The paint look pretty good. The interior needs to be replaced, and it looks like someone took the radio out. The engine needs to be rebuilt also. I wanted to get an idea what the car is worth. Any comments would be greatly accepted Thanks Jason

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
'73 Value

What is this Cougar? Coupe, convertable or XR-7? That makes a BIG difference! Color? Motor?:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a coupe. It has a 351 the guy that owens it says its a clevland but I dont know how to tell the difference between a clevland and a windsor. Its Blue with a white top.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Kelly Blue Book gives it a value of 1400 to 7000. If you did buy the car though, you would be unique. not alot of 72 and up cats around.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Hey thanks for the info. Although one more question, would having a clevland rather than a windsor affect the value at all? thanks again

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Cleveland

Clevelands are worth more and cost more to overhaul. Been there done that!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts