Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the proper routing for the white hose from the check valve to the reservoir?
Mine is routed along with the green and yellow hoses out of the inner fender to the back of the grill area, then up behind the left hand lights and (from the front) into the under fender area where the reservoir mounts. The only picture I have is in a Chiltons manual, it appears the routing goes through the inner fender to the reservior, prior to the green and yellow hoses going through to the back of the grill area.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Additional info: My light doors are functioning correctly while the car is running, however when you shut off the engine the doors bleed open. Also the Tilt steering will not disengage when you shut the engine off. I have checked the vacuum tee connection and the bottom nipple plug, they look good. I pulled the check valve and performed the suck and blow test, good. I visually inspected the green, yellow and white hoses, look good. However due to my routing issue I am not able to visually inspect the white hose to the reservoir nipple connection point. The hose feels kinked, I tried to fix this by feel. ??? I don't hear any leaking noise. I guess I need to pull the reservoir, disconnect the white hose out and inspect it. I would like to route the white hose correctly when I do this.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The white striped hose that connects to the reservoir is routed out the same hole as the grn and yellow, turns up and sneaks through the second pathway from center between the rad support and the drivers side grille. It then has three push clips to retain it before being connected to the reservoir: one in the rad support and the second two under the top of the drivers fender, close to the rad support. If the second two aren't in place, the drivers headlight door can 'catch' the white hose. Try trimming a half inch to an inch off the hoses at the connection points to improve the vacuum situation, too. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts