Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get my headlights working correctly.....I found a diagram showing 2 vac lines going to the cannister under the drivers fender. I have 2 hoses but only one connection at the cannister.....One of the hoses is plugged... Is there a special fitting or something ?? Any help appreciated.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure what year you have, but,... Try doing a Google search of "19?? Mercury Cougar vacuum diagram" and click on images and scroll through, and see if anything applies to what you are wondering.
WCCC Site and YouTube probably even have free videos of what you need to know.
Also, West Coast Classic Cougars and John's Classic Cougars, among others, have good Diagram books/pamplets for sale for vacuum, wiring, and just about everything for cougars. They can be very helpful. I have them and would post them for you, but mine are in with my Cat and my "ready to install" headlight + grill. Lol.
Hope my suggestions work out for you, if not, just give your year, and maybe post a pic, and the guys + gals here will help you out. They are Great people.
And, ... This is a Great site for Everything Mercury Cougar, including the people who work on them, drive them, and love them.
Hope this helps. Good luck + keep wrenching.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts