Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how many feet of vacuum lines are in a '68 cougar with A/C, tilt, cruise control, C4 and power disk brakes?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Well...since you've gotten so many VIEWS, but nary a response...I'll have to go out on a limb here and guess...well...a BUNCH!

I'm sorry...your post just seemed so lonely here by itself...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I don't believe that someone here doesn't have some piece of documentation that would have that information. I guess I'll have to guess and hope I don't come up short.

·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
DaveK;
The copy of the vacuum diagram that I have is a schematic only. So I can be no help with the length of the lines. The more knowledgeable folks on this board will most definitely help you if they have access to that info.
Good luck.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I don't think that aftermarket vaccum tubing is too expensive. Guesstimate and add a few feet for mistakes, etc. Does anyone make correctly marked lines(color striping)? Or do you have to find NOS ones? Scott

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Any parts vendor that caters to the Mustang crowd should be able to hook you up with the absolute, Concours judging correct parts. Check out he links section.

Me? I went for function over style. I just went and bought a 50' spool of 3/16 tubing and went nuts. Of course you do realize that there is more than one i.d. tubing size on our cats, right? ;)

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Though my first post on this thread was, as is my usual habit, a smartass one (hey, those of us without knowledge turn to jesting...but, I digress...), I put new vacuum tubing in my whole car during the restoration - but I bought the stuff a little at a time as I got to whatever needed it, and didn't pay attention to the total footage I put in. I bought a color-coded set of the A/C-Heater stuff inside for the factory A/C only because it came with the schematic *hanging head* and had the installation instructions there so I didn't have to try and figure out how to connect everything (all my internal vacuum lines for the a/c and heater were missing when I started on my basketcase-turned-kick-ass-cat.

Sooooo...though I am still of absolutely no help to you, I have to agree with those that have posted and recommended guesstimating and/or just buying a spool (since it seems to need replacement at regular intervals *grrrrr*).

Ain't there ANYONE making good rubber that lasts these days (I mean BESIDES Trojan)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts