Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, mine has two "inside" the passenger front fender.
Who sells new ones? cougar front 004.jpg

·
Registered
980 Posts
From the looks of the two on my 70 XR7, one would be Dinty Moore Stew (passenger side fender) and the other under the hood, would be V8 Tomato juice (also the one under the drivers side fender). Mine had a couple of pin holes in them, I was able to clean them up and used "Tigerhair" bondo to get 'em back in service.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Brian,WCCC lists both cannisters (AC & Tilt). The AC cannister is listed as out of stock and the Tilt is on hand. John

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
The one below battery tray is for tilt-away steering option. The one under hood hinge is for A/C-heater controls. Both are reproduced, but they are different. WCCC probably has them. The Mustang big box suppliers do too.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cool! Plus ten characters

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
SO many questions Brian! Guess you have a lot of time to think in your present work circumstance, huh?

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I am on a 6/1 12 hr schedule, and while I have work to do, it isn't really 72 hrs a weeks worth! Over the years, my cats have given me many hours of planning and building to think about, and I am glad for that.
I'd rather rebuild the whole car in my head again, than spend 10 hrs a day playing "bubbles" on the computer....

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
If only I had the money to pay for the car I built in my head!! You don't have to have exact replacements do you? I'd find some nice aluminum or aftermarket tanks to use if "correct" isn't a worry. You going with the swing away column then? Sounds like they are a pita to maintain/fix....

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, my 69 is a pretty well optioned car from the factory, so I'm going to try and keep the insides as close to stock as I can. Plus I like it when the tilt a way works...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts