Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rebuilt the engine in my car and I am having trouble remembering how the vacumn lines go back. I have a 68xr7 with air. My question is on the engine wall on the passenger side, the back of the intake, and the hoses coming out of the fire wall to the heater line shut off valve.

·
11,000 Posts
Sam,
Since you live in St. Charles I recommend you call Virgil Brown who also lives in St. Charles and go take a look at one of his '68 XR7-G's. The vacuum lines on your car hook up just like the ones on Virgil's car.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I did not know for sure if Virgil was still into Cougars. Years ago when I was a member of CCOA he was the president One of the ladies that works with me brought in the pictures of the transformation of his had top to the rag top. There was a lot of work done there. Again thanks I have been away from Cougars for over 10 years but I am back to stay. Looks like you have several FINE COUGARS yourself maybe one of these days.

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
As always, Royce gives great advice. I did the same thing when I had my motor out the last time. It ended up being out for 4 years longer than I anticipated. I assumed that I would remember where all the lines went. Met a guy at a cruise night and asked if it would be OK to come over to his house and take a few pics to re-orient myself. It ended up being one of the best things I did because I had them ALL WRONG! There was no such thing as MercCougar.Net then.

This time I clearly marked all of them.

Mark

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I bought the factory assy manuals and they have a few real great pics of how the lines run and what color goes where (if your in for the factory look) it also gives part #'s for EVERYTHING!!!
Very Cool!
Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts