Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
The ad, IMO, gives you WARNING that they may NOT be right. Why else would he offer to refund? He has doubts himself, IMO.

Think of the TIME involved to make the swap, TIME IS MONEY..............

Dale in Indy

P.S. Why were they in the shop for so many years? Strange bit of info. His feedback is good, but hasn't sold any engine parts.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
The ad, IMO, gives you WARNING that they may NOT be right. Why else would he offer to refund? He has doubts himself, IMO.

Think of the TIME involved to make the swap, TIME IS MONEY..............

Dale in Indy

P.S. Why were they in the shop for so many years? Strange bit of info. His feedback is good, but hasn't sold any engine parts.
X2... I was thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Call the guy up and talk to him about them.
If he guarantees them have him drop them off at the machine shop (on your dime of course) and have them checked out. If good, have the seats touched up.
Lots of good parts. Manley valves, ex. seats, etc.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He says it was checked at a machine shop and found to be good.If not for that sentance I wouldn't even look at them.
Just looking for more expert eyes than mine to see if they even look like they could be good.Not having played with engines much,I dont know what I am seeing here.
I dont mind taking a chance on them If someone thinks there is a resonable chance that they will be fine.
They may just be boat anchors,but if there is a chance that I could get rebuilt heads for $100.00 ish dollars that are good.I would be willing to take that gamble.
Call the guy up and talk to him about them.
If he guarantees them have him drop them off at the machine shop (on your dime of course) and have them checked out. If good, have the seats touched up.
Lots of good parts. Manley valves, ex. seats, etc.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hey, if YOU feel that is worth the gamble, WHO AM I TO ARGUE AGAINST SUCH.

See how the auction plays out, personally I would submit my HIGHEST bid in the last few seconds, and hope for the best.

Dale in Indy

·
11,000 Posts
If you can get them for $100 then take them to a machine shop to get a fresh valve job. Would be a good deal at that price. I sure would not just install them as is based on what he is saying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts