Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of used parts from parted 71 through 73 Cougars. Many hard to find convertible parts as well. I can send you a picture of any part before you decide to buy. I also have an inventory list that I can e-mail you upon request.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking for 73 parts:
1) Rear wheel well trim (Right and left sides)
2) Rear bumper
3) Tail light lens
4) Interior rear panels
5) Electric window main control switch for driver's door
6) Heater blower motor
7) Front bucket seat (driver seat)

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Phil,

What color interior trim panels are you looking for? Hardtop or convert? manual or power windows? Same goes for the seat. What color/material? I have parted out several Cougars and have some of each laying around....

·
Registered
3 Posts
73 XR-7 convt with white leather seats and white interior rear panels. I need the driver's seat. I kind of busted the lower springs. If you have the lower seat I could use that and then get both front bucket seats upholstered.
They are power windows. I need the large window control panel on the driver's door.
Any good FMX trans?

·
5,470 Posts
Phil,

I believe I have your rear trim panels: white convert for power windows. Also have ginger non-power convert trim panels, ginger power hardtop panels.
I also have white front (and rear) seats. XR-7 leather. also ginger seats for hardtop and convert (two sets).
I have 72 power window master switches. sorry, different from 73 (my 73 'alpha' cat has PW as well...) Also one almost-new convertible top with glass window.

Which tail light lens did you need, right or left? I have a small supply of them as well, but mostly 71-72s. My 'alpha' has 71-2 lenses -- I just like 'em better. same goes for the front headlight doors and front marker bezels. Yeah, I know...I'm weird.

I've been holding onto my stash for over fifteen years in the hopes that one day I'd find another CJ convertible, but I guess that isn't gonna happen. Heck, I'm going to be lucky if I can put my hardtops back together! You guys down south or out west have it made...NO RUST!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would you mind rating the quality of the following parts?
Please rate 1-10
1) White front seats (XR-7 leather and springs)
2) White convt. rear panels for power windows

Are the 73 and 72 tail light lens the same? Both sides? I don't know.
I wonder if they would cross fit?

I just put on a new top and rear glass. I hope this one will hold me for at least five years. I put it up and down often. The weather is comfortable in the winter and great in the spring and fall. Summer is another subject.

Yeah, your right. Living in an area that is not too bad for rust ain't half bad.

·
5,470 Posts
Phil,

I'll have to take a trip out to the warehouse (barn attic) tonight to get an accurate condition report on the seats and trim panels.

Taillight lenses... 71&72 use the ones with the horizontal lines (and related bezels), whereas 73 is all alone with the vertical lines and bezels. My first Cougar was a 72 and I like the looks better). Yes, they can be swapped out.

I performed the switch to 71-72 items on the front end as well on my 'alpha' 73 Cat. The 73 had vertical lines on the headlight doors (bezels) and the 71-72 again has horizontal. Of course, I had to match the headlight trim idea to the marker light trim. The 73 has a clear lens and no dividers over the marker light itself, although there are a couple of vertical lines between the outer headlight and the marker light. The 71-72 used an amber marker lens and the bezel had horizontal lines wrapping all the way around, including over the marker lens. The two colors of marker light lenses are just that... different colors and are interchangable. Same goes for the front headlight doors and marker bezels.

Like I said before, I changed my 'alpha' cat to 72 trim while my other 73 stays with the 73 trim. Yeah, I'm weird, eh?

Are we confused yet? Once I find a couple of pics to post of my cars you will be readily able to see the difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts