Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front and rear bumpers on the 70 are both out of alignment, its 9.45PM and I need them aligned by 8.30AM for a show.
Can anyone tell me where the bolts are located at the rear bumper and the front, rear is more important as she is already missing a back up light and the boot/trunk sticks up at end and the bumper is very noticeable. Its now pitch dark and I am working under a street light [no comments] so H.E.L.P!!!:1zhelp:
:1zhelp: :1zhelp: :cry:

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Relax Dayle. The rears are in the"boot", 2 on each side, those will give you a little adjustment room. The fronts are harder. Is it out"upand down' or "side to side"? The "boot" too high on one side is an easy cheat. Pull down on the high side while pushing up on the other side, be careful you don't pull too far or mess up your back.

Bruce

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bruce, unfortunately that adjustment wont work with the boot/trunk, the prev. PO had an accident and the car was bashed in the rear, passenger side, the 'made' a rear little panel [where back up light fits] out of an aluminium block and the whole thing is out of alighnment, so basically the trunk lid is now too wide for the trunk, I will have to have 2 or 3 mm shaved off the lid on the bashed side to get it to fit. We went to register for the show today and I almost chickened out, its mostly a street rod show but cos' there are so few classic cars around they have a catagory for everyone, up to about 1973, and the street rods that I did see are pristine, some of the most immaculate ones I have seen. My poor old Ruby is going to look slightly out of place, so I have written in red on my Reg. No form [goes on windscreen], "currently under restoration", Stephen;s one looks fine, everything in place etc, I am missing trim, all over the place, lenses, interior, etc. Big, Mean, Heavy and Loud...............and I am not talking about my V8.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Hey Dayle, look at it this way, how many other 70 cougars are they going to have to compare it too... Just have fun, that's what it's all about...

Bruce

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was precisely my train of thought, and I am just waiting for some a/hole to come and tell me all about cougars, I think I know more about these cats from this forum than most of the guys here. But, there will always be one or two that will start off with "Lady, thats a nice car, why is the engine red and ............................"
LOL

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I try to look at those people as my chance to enlighten the ignorant..lol... But, your right, there will always be someone who lives to take the fun out of things. To those people I ask "what do you drive?" Most of the time they shut up and walk away....

Bruce

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good reply, I must try that one, trouble is this lot are real chauvinists, one day I will explain the whole language thing to you, and you will understand what I mean, too freaked out to do it now, still got to polish her up and instill a fear of death into my cats if they dare jump on her.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Screw the car show snobs. You live and work at your own pace and have your own tastes. Who cares what some chump thinks who fixes his car accroding to a rulebook?
If you wanna show your car, then show it.
Besides, someone may walk up and say "hey, I have a bumper for one of those in my barn you can have."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts