667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
11,000 Posts
The repros work fine.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
As far as I know, you can't get new 4 bolt control arms anymore. The 3 bolt Scott Drake ones you listed are the best you can get. Dorman's are good too. I don't know if it matters to you, but Dorman's and Scott Drake's are made in China.

You'll get the best results from rebuilding your control arms. How do your control arms look? Are the frames straight? Are the shaft ends still torqued down (threads aren't stripped)? Ball Joints - MOOG K8036, Shaft Kit - MOOG K8131

The MOOG shaft kits include grease seals that are much better than the o-rings that came stock and come in other manufacturers kits.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
As far as I know, you can't get new 4 bolt control arms anymore. The 3 bolt Scott Drake ones you listed are the best you can get. Dorman's are good too. I don't know if it matters to you, but Dorman's and Scott Drake's are made in China.

You'll get the best results from rebuilding your control arms. How do your control arms look? Are the frames straight? Are the shaft ends still torqued down (threads aren't stripped)? Ball Joints - MOOG K8036, Shaft Kit - MOOG K8131

The MOOG shaft kits include grease seals that are much better than the o-rings that came stock and come in other manufacturers kits.
He mentions the bushing theads stripped.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
For the money, I would buy good quality repro UCA's and call it done. Too much work to rebuild IMO.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
For the money, I would buy good quality repro UCA's and call it done. Too much work to rebuild IMO.
did you really just seriously say that mr eci?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts