Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife took an interest in where the money was going to end up, and went nuts for the '68 XR-7's she saw on the net. The old addage, 'if she's happy, I'm happy' definitely applies, so I'm expanding the search.

Thanks in advance for any tips or locating info!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Expanding the search yet again

Things have changed in the Cougar market in the 10 years since I bought my last. Solid restoration candidates were common and the parts to fix them were rare. It seems to be the opposite today, at least in reasonable driving range.

I'm looking at standard hardtops now, as well as XR-7's. One local '68 for sale is absolutely gorgeous, but a fully restored car isn't really what I'm looking for. Another '68 I've looked at fit my requirements, but the asking price is more than I can justify, given the number of damaged exterior components, and rusted panels.

The local wrecking yards have plenty of 67-68's with good parts on them, so I'm leaning toward those years for the ease of acquiring replacement panels and trim.

I'm ready to buy today, if you have a car in driving range of Dallas that needs a new home.

Thanks for listening,

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Make sure you come to the meeting at John Eagle on the 14th! I've heard of a number of cars locally for sale, but can't remember the particulars. Between all of us at the meeting, I know we'll be able to get you some great leads...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts