Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
update fuse pannel wire harness 71-73 cougar

has anyone upgraded their old wire (fuse pannel)harness to a newer version? If you did was it hard and where did you buy it and at the end of the day was it worth it?​

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
although i did not up grade the fuse panel ,i was able to modernize the system by using relays for the high and low beams,a/c comp and used a solid state tail light seq
doctordesoto

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I too modified my lights,they work great and I put LED lights in the dash,like night and day from the old system.I did see some where once that you can buy an upgrade fuse box so they are the new type fuses not the glass one but I can't remember where I seen it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have updated my 67' and have the new style fusebox from EZ-Wire harnesses and even though its a lot more efficient and reliable it was a PAIN! As the cougar vendors told me...reuse the original harness if at all possible. If you do upgrade, save the old harness and those vendors will happily buy your old one. WCCC and Kens Cougars will anyhow. I made the mistake of cuttin up the old one needlessly and it was a costly lesson, one I'm not proud of. If you have a lot of patience and know how, buy ya a new style fuse box and go for it! You've got to be innovative with a Cougar, right fellas? lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts