Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a car show today and saw a 69 Mach 1 that had a canister with hoses from the valve cover breathers and the port at the back of the intake manifold plugged into it.
There was a hose coming out of the bottom of it too. I don't know if the bottom hose was open ended or plugged into something?
Does anyone kow what this canister is and what it is for?

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Speaking of same, how easy would it be to remove the thermaculors (sp) from the exhaust manifold?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
still could be a cali emmsions car in ky!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I don't think any CA car had a smog related canister in '69. At least not from the factory. Those aftermarket kits that we often had to install on our cars in the '70s had all sorts of interesting bits and pieces, though.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
So it was basically a stock car and no need for an extra vac can for a big cam or something...? I thought there were some emission things for CA cars in '69 though...? (not 100% sure)

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
I was at a car show today and saw a 69 Mach 1 that had a canister with hoses from the valve cover breathers and the port at the back of the intake manifold plugged into it.
There was a hose coming out of the bottom of it too. I don't know if the bottom hose was open ended or plugged into something?
Does anyone kow what this canister is and what it is for?
Was it a 428 with one of these?

1970 was the first year of this canister.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts