Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice you were asked about the future of members who are also vendors, and twice that question was skirted...and I am interested in the answer.

Will members that are vendors like Don at WCCC be able to continue to make posts telling us about their wares, show a link to their site, post pics of their wares, etc. in the same manner they always have without fee or penalty?

I know everyone here understands the spirit of this question, so please answer it with that in mind.

Thanks

·
Administrator
304 Posts
Sorry if i wasn't clear enough. Everything in regards to current rules on the forum about members and vendors will not be changing. If vendors right now are allowed to post freely on the forum then that will not change for current vendors of the forum. So yes Don at WCCC will still be allowed to tell you about his product and post pictures and links to there site WITH OUT penalty. Because this is an existing format on the site.

Those types of rules are put on sites to stop people from filling the site with the wrong kind of content. nobody wants to be on a site that is all ads and vendor posts. But Logan had his way of doing things and it kept the forum in good order, no need to change that for the current vendors who are respectful of the forum.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Well I was reading another post and really wanted to thanks Logan for all he has done for the Cougar community and also all the help I recieved from other members here. Also was going to add that maybe we should give the new owners time to prove themselves before we all jump on them, only to find the post was locked and I could not comment!! EEEWwww, sour taste.
Anyway, If you're out there Logan, good luck with your new spare time and thankyou for this site.Also you mentioned you twin daughter was 8yrs old, How old is the other??hehe

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
As you see admin! we are a close knit group. We enjoy the friendships we have made on here, the information we can get from this site. We knew Logan, maybe not in person. But he had a name to us, and was a real person. As I have seen it so far your just an anonymous admin! I have over the years been to lots of different car forums. I really hate too see this one become all about making money, advertising, and take away from what made me enjoy this forum so much better than ll the other ones I have been to. I don't like spam, Logan did a fantastic job of keeping it off this site. I hate seeing post where the forum sticks advertisements on the bottom of each post. If this is going to be what your planning anonymous Admin. Please go some other place. we do not want it!

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I see the "Important Announcement" thread is now closed. I guess we were asking too many tough questions. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not liking this so far. It lakes a lot longer for the site to load now when you first enter. I guess if worst comes to worst we can all migrate to another site and carry on.

·
Registered
270 Posts
As you see admin! we are a close knit group. We enjoy the friendships we have made on here, the information we can get from this site. We knew Logan, maybe not in person. But he had a name to us, and was a real person. As I have seen it so far your just an anonymous admin! I have over the years been to lots of different car forums. I really hate too see this one become all about making money, advertising, and take away from what made me enjoy this forum so much better than ll the other ones I have been to. I don't like spam, Logan did a fantastic job of keeping it off this site. I hate seeing post where the forum sticks advertisements on the bottom of each post. If this is going to be what your planning anonymous Admin. Please go some other place. we do not want it!

Very well said

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Dwight, I don't like the ads either, but lets give Helena a chance to prove she is going to be a good admin.... Change sucks, but in this one we have no choice.

From what I understand, there will be a subscription option that will reduce the ads when you are logged in. We will see how well that works in the next couple of months. The alternative of having no MCNET is just not acceptable to me.

I hope your back is felling better and the Docs give you good news soon.

OK Helena, I am being an optomist here and sticking up for you, don't let us (the community) down....:uhoh:

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
We knew Logan, maybe not in person. But he had a name to us, and was a real person. As I have seen it so far your just an anonymous admin!
To be fair:

My name is Helena, please feel free to ask questions in this section of the forum and I will do my best to answer any and all of them. As of now I will be the only Autoforums.com member to join the site, I am here to answer questions help with technical issues and make sure we are doing our job and keeping you all happy. If you have any issues feel free to discuss below. I hope you all enjoy this new chapter in Mercurycougar.net life.
Thank you all for reading and Happy Holidays.
Helena

And she said she would update her profile or answer question about herself

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
She should get a Cougar!

·
Administrator
304 Posts
sorry that was me :( im slightly new with the set up of the site and hit the wrong button. fixed it tho :)

Well I was reading another post and really wanted to thanks Logan for all he has done for the Cougar community and also all the help I recieved from other members here. Also was going to add that maybe we should give the new owners time to prove themselves before we all jump on them, only to find the post was locked and I could not comment!! EEEWwww, sour taste.
Anyway, If you're out there Logan, good luck with your new spare time and thankyou for this site.Also you mentioned you twin daughter was 8yrs old, How old is the other??hehe

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
funny story, my husband wants a car to fix up and work on, a cougar is on his list, wont be till the summer... but if we do... i know where to come for advice.
this is also a better place to buy one, or to at least get the heads up on a sale elsewhere.

·
Registered
524 Posts
sorry that was me :( im slightly new with the set up of the site and hit the wrong button. fixed it tho :)
Its not fixed on my computer:( but if you do I'll forgive you----maybe! ;P

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
To be fair:

My name is Helena, please feel free to ask questions in this section of the forum and I will do my best to answer any and all of them. As of now I will be the only Autoforums.com member to join the site, I am here to answer questions help with technical issues and make sure we are doing our job and keeping you all happy. If you have any issues feel free to discuss below. I hope you all enjoy this new chapter in Mercurycougar.net life.
Thank you all for reading and Happy Holidays.
Helena

And she said she would update her profile or answer question about herself
I hope it's not like "thank you for calling my name is Peggy...." My point was. I really don't want to see this as a money grab form some company, Whose interest is all about money, Rather than a someone like Logan that was about the community. I have been a contributing member of this community for 4 years now. I went to a ford forum just the other week. at the end of many of the post there were advertisements, many not even related to the post, or the forum for that matter. This is what happens when someone takes over a site to make money vs for the love of what the forum is about. Logan wasn't about the money. I will give Helena a chance, But I wanted to be up front about what is important.

Dwight

·
Administrator
304 Posts
We make more money if you are all happy and have good content then by placing an ad on the forum. It isn't about taking money from members. We need you to be happy, that's what matters. And I am as helpful as i can be... and i try to keep my forums happy. I have a lot of pride in the things that i take on... mercurycougar.net is no exception :)

I hope it's not like "thank you for calling my name is Peggy...." My point was. I really don't want to see this as a money grab form some company, Whose interest is all about money, Rather than a someone like Logan that was about the community. I have been a contributing member of this community for 4 years now. I went to a ford forum just the other week. at the end of many of the post there were advertisements, many not even related to the post, or the forum for that matter. This is what happens when someone takes over a site to make money vs for the love of what the forum is about. Logan wasn't about the money. I will give Helena a chance, But I wanted to be up front about what is important.

Dwight

·
Registered
524 Posts
We make more money if you are all happy and have good content then by placing an ad on the forum. It isn't about taking money from members. We need you to be happy, that's what matters. And I am as helpful as i can be... and i try to keep my forums happy. I have a lot of pride in the things that i take on... mercurycougar.net is no exception :)[/QUOTE]
Ahhh, very good!!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts