Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Interesting car! Sort of the muscle car breed before it died. Certainly rare. Desireable? Maybe not some much, has some strange styling. I wonder how much power it has. It probably would be a fun car to have as a daily driver, but not at that price. :bloated:

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I saw this one but the plates on the car are not TX. The phone number refers to M&M Auto Broker in MO I believe.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Interesting for sure! Not my taste, but I would not argue the claim of being rare...

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Are those fog lights? Or just something a PO stuck in there...

LOL Andy - to much pork!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Blank paint code. Must be a special order color ! The ad doesn't say if it was repainted the original color. It would also be nice to see what under the seat covers.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Nice, but for the color and the yellow high beams.

I always liked the styling of the 72 Montegos. Cleaner/smoother than the same-year Torino. I had a GT emblem in the grille of my 72 wagon and could have added the scooped hood as well. At the time I bought the wagon (1986) there were lots of these in pick-yer part .

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I like the color and the yelo high beams on the big ol' gal.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wheels gotta go. Magnums I say. Maybe black out the rockers . Not sure how the hood was painted from the factory, but maybe some black out treatment there as well.

·
Registered
292 Posts
This is an interesting car, no doubt... but I don't think they will get anywhere near $12K (unless someone sees it and MUST HAVE THIS MONTEGO!). As pointed out, a 351 engine is a far cry from the rarer 428 CJ, so that makes a difference. I also wonder how much he paid the family for this car, as he is clearly trying to flip it for a quick buck.

Interesting is after going to eBay, the car seems to be held by a dealership, so I'm not sure if the CL ad is even real. the two descriptions don't match much at all. Very strange. But the owner and phone number are the same, so I guess they are.

Ebay isn't even at $6K,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts