Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can somebody advise me on the largest (width and height) wheels and tyres that i can fit on the cat.Also the best offset for the car for clearence.Thanx

·
Registered
945 Posts
There is a sticky note on the community discusion of wheel and tire sizes with a few 71-73 postings, I too am looking for new sneakers for my vert and from the WCCC site regarding magnum wheels These are best suited for 1971-73 Cougars, to run a tire larger than a 225/60/15 you may have to modify your fenders and quarters. Witht hat being said the car pictured on the site is running Below are pictures of a 1972 Cougar with 15x7 Magnums wearing 235/60/15's in front and 15x8 in the rear wearing 245/60/15's and I was told there were no mod's needed. Let us know if you find more info on different combo's :smoke:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had some 20" on the to trye i can get up to 295at the back but the fronts touch the body on full lock but i think if the centre offset is measeured the wheels can be made to accomadte the space in the gaurds.Iam talking like i wont some pipm wheels :)
There is a sticky note on the community discusion of wheel and tire sizes with a few 71-73 postings, I too am looking for new sneakers for my vert and from the WCCC site regarding magnum wheels These are best suited for 1971-73 Cougars, to run a tire larger than a 225/60/15 you may have to modify your fenders and quarters. Witht hat being said the car pictured on the site is running Below are pictures of a 1972 Cougar with 15x7 Magnums wearing 235/60/15's in front and 15x8 in the rear wearing 245/60/15's and I was told there were no mod's needed. Let us know if you find more info on different combo's :smoke:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had some 20" on the cat i can get up to 295 at the back but the fronts touch the body on full lock, but i think if the centre offset is measeured the wheels can be made to accomadate the space in the gaurds.Iam talking like i wont some pimp wheels :)
I had some 20" on the cat i can get up to 295 at the back but the fronts touch the body on full lock, but i think if the centre offset is measeured the wheels can be made to accomadate the space in the gaurds.Iam talking like i wont some pimp wheels :) No glasses first time around hope this makes sence[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
315 Posts
Best I found for my 71 were bf goodrich 235/70.14s on the rear and 225/60/14 on the front. Mean set up! Not a big fan of the god ugly big rims!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best I found for my 71 were bf goodrich 235/70.14s on the rear and 225/60/14 on the front. Mean set up! Not a big fan of the god ugly big rims!
i most likely wont be, but i am willing to try them, take a picture and think about it for a while, there big money in OZ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts