Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is my '67 XR-7 with 2 tone paint (ZM = Sage Gold & Polar White). I am curious to know if anyone else on mercurycougar.net has a two tone Cougar or if they know of anyone else that may have one. I know that they made 500+ of these in '67 (all two tones), but am just wondering if there are any left or if they have all been repainted.

Thanks for considering the question!

~ Steve

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
That's a beauty, is it the 3 speed car from Arkansas?

I good friend of mine had a 1967 XR7 that was coded 6A.
Fawn with black top.

He missunderstood the reason for the vinyl top mouldings and had a vinyl top installed. Doh! Sold it later, I have no idea of its present location or condition.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indiana

That's a beauty, is it the 3 speed car from Arkansas?

I good friend of mine had a 1967 XR7 that was coded 6A.
Fawn with black top.

He missunderstood the reason for the vinyl top mouldings and had a vinyl top installed. Doh! Sold it later, I have no idea of its present location or condition.
Not the car from Arkansas. This one is an 81,000 original mile Indiana car. Originally sold in Martinsville, Indiana to a woman that lived in Indianapolis. It has always been in Indiana until I bought it and had it brought out to Maine. Apparently (and thankfully) it has always been garaged and seldom driven.

Thanks for the reply!

~Steve

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've never actually seen a two tone Cougar myself, but yours definitely looks nice.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've had two XR-7's, one 68, black cherry w/white top and a 69, yellow with a white top. Both are still on the road somewhere

·
Registered
8 Posts

I see this is an old post, but attached is a photo of my two tone cougar.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
nightmist blue and polar white... two tone... factory Dan Gurney Special ... with less then 40,000 ... currently in primer ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts