Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about doing a two-tone interior. Everything is teal now. I want to get black leather front seats out of a late model mustang or maybe a taurus sho, then recover the back seat in black. I would also get black carpet. I can picture it in my head*actually sat in the backseat of my car and imagined what it would look like* and I think it would look pretty nice. Tan would also look good, but I don't think I would be able to get the rear seat to match up with the late model front seats.

Should I change the headliner and pillars too? Or is this just a bad Idea.

Pictures of two-tone interior would be GREAT to see!

Any input would be appreciated!!
THANKS!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Do it! My friend in high school had a 67 that had gray and black interior. Everything was black except for a gray stripe that started on the front edge of the front seats...went over the seat backs and picked up again on the back seat. He even carried it on to the package tray in the back. The doors panels inside were also black with a tribal gray design on them (this was 12 years ago before tribal designs were popular). It basically looked like the interior of a hot rod. Very updated...very trick...:D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that sounds pretty cool! You know, I got to thinking and I think I would also paint the metal part of the dash black. Not sure if I would use gloss or flat paint, but that might be cool too. Mine has the console in it, so that and the pad that goes around the gauges will still be teal. Along, with the door, kick and quarter panels.

I think I will try just the seats and carpet first to see what it looks like. If it doesn't look totally rediculous I might consider doing the headliner and pillars.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I think it would look sharp! Go for it! (And post pics of course!)

My Cat's PO was an interior guy, the seats were recovered part cloth/part vinyl, so they are semi-related shades of dark aqua/blue, but the contrast is very stylish and classy, yet understated; just my style!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That sounds pretty wicked. Do you have any pictures?

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
cougar_68 said:
Wow, that sounds pretty cool! You know, I got to thinking and I think I would also paint the metal part of the dash black. Not sure if I would use gloss or flat paint,

On Tiffany all the chrome on the dash including the heater control and A/C vents are painted a satin/semi gloss black. At first I wasn't really crazy about it but now i really like it. It goes great with the 67 parchment color if the interior. I'm even thinking about doing the same treatment to "Redcat". Very "euro" looking style. Not to mention that having the pieces re-plastichromed means sending them cross country sense nobody in cali does that kind of thing....EPA thing

Don

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know...I had an idea for that too...if you made it look like brushed aluminum it would look pretty sweet. Not sure how I would go about doing it though.

Is there a website for the re-plastichrome? Do you know how expen$ive it is? Mine is pretty flakey right now.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts