Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Maybe it's just coincidence, or maybe not, but is anyone else seeing the site as extremely slow to respond today? Looking to me like the "bandwidth hose" got turned down to just a trickle, waiting and waiting for any refresh, new posts or to make a post.

2. To Helena's comment about the site being run like it was: Threads were almost NEVER closed. The community on the whole is pretty well behaved, sure we argue a little here and there but on balance everyone generally gets along pretty well. So when a thread had some strong opinions or whatever, it just ran it's course and would eventually quiet down on it's own. So at least speaking for myself (others will comment I am sure), I do not like it when someone with power autonomously decides to close a thread. On MCnet, there is (or was) the sense that no one has more power than anyone else. I liked that. This appears to have changed.

And while I am at it, good grammar and spelling always helps to make a good impression. As an example (and a hot topic at that), "adds" are when you do addition. "ads" are advertising.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I noticed the closed thread too. I prefer to see a thread stick around a few years and if someone happens to bring it up again, great. I wanted to comment on that thread too. So far, as far as no changes is concerned, that is a major change.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I would assume the slow response is due to the fact that ads are being added to the site.

I agree with you Bob, the whole "big brother closes threads whenever he feels like it" doesn't sit well with me.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Correction*** Big Sis. I think things will be ok. Transitions are rough. She still has to learn our habits. It will work out. I'm not going to assume that she is some upstairs mean capitalist looking to take over the world of blogging.

·
Registered
524 Posts
You know what "they" say about assumptions-----ass-u-me, just sayin

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Looks like the thread is open again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts