Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'"><FONT size=3>Recent expenses to remove, machine, rebuild, and reinstall my 1973 XR7’s Cleveland engine have led me to sell both of my brand new 1973 Cougar hood emblems. Or, to put it another way, my wife found out that the ‘engine repair’ was actually a complete rebuild, boring, and detailing. Maybe next time, I won’t use her checkbook to pay the machine shop.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
<o:p></o:p>
The link for the NOS 1973 XR7 emblem is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1973-Cougar-XR7-Hood-Emblem-NOS-RARE-/180660471255?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a103405d7 .<o:p></o:p>

The link for the 1973 “Walking Cat” Cougar emblem is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1973-Cougar-Walking-Cat-Hood-Emblem-/180660467480?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1033f718

:wave: John<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I really really hope that the person who get the XR7 emblem donates it to me with all their heart...

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Wow 820 bucks for the XR-7 emblem.I never would have guessed that.Glad my 72 grill emblem wasn't that kind of coin.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
P1020400.jpg Tell the second place guy on ebay, I have this one available, too, maybe he wants it. I have been holding it for another guy on this site for about 4 months,and a story after a story,and no transaction, its tiime for it to go.
I have 2 of the black ones too, All NOS..John [email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
well since you wouldnt share the second place guy with us, I put this one on line its available,one of the red ones,and I have two of the black ones,but I see yours didnt sell so Ill hold onto the 2 black ones. I have some of the 71/72 xr7 ones,and the non xr7 ones too..If you know any of your buddies looking for these 71-73 parts alot of NOS parts for them here.
John

I didnt mean to try to demand or control anything in this thread, was just asking and letting the other know there was another one sorry again ..I didnt mean it to come out like what you said, sorry again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John Skinner,
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
</o:p>
Sorry that I was not able to respond to you sooner as I do not regularly monitor this site while I am traveling on business.<o:p></o:p>
As a trained senior negotiator, I understand your interest in reducing your costs and maximizing your profit opportunity; but ethically I find your approach of demanding contact information in a blatant attempt to avoid paying fees to eBay to be grossly offensive.<o:p></o:p>
I also note that the tone and wording of your two postings strongly indicate issues with both anger and control. <o:p></o:p>
In your first posting, you message is written as a demand ( “Tell the second place guy” ) rather than a request. Perhaps your mother did not teach you the value of the word ‘please’. <o:p></o:p>
You second posting attempt is also extremely insightful of anger and control issues, especially when you attempt to blame me after I apparently failed to respond quickly enough to you ( “well since you wouldnt share the second place guy with us “ ) for you having to “put this one on line”.<o:p></o:p>
Good luck with your auction.<o:p></o:p>

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
John
Please I was not trying to demand you to tell us , of the sort, that is your business. I could care less if you did, I was just asking for a insight to let the other person know there was another one out there, is that a major issue.Some guys dont know about this forum. Im sorry, gosh, why do we make things look or appear a different way than what was actually being asked. Im not a english major, or a computer geek that knows what letters or wording might offend you. My number is always on this site, for anyone that thinks my wording might of threatened your non answering thread thats all!! Nothing else please, why post it on here, why not just call me or private message me your thoughts about what my wording was or mis represented to you. Please Again sorry for the confusion of my wording, I was just asking and letting you know if you wanted to let the other guy know I had one available too!! thats all..
Please dont take the wording of my saying you didnt answer quick enough as a demand! Not blaming you for failing,but when guys post on here, they ussually check back on their thread I would think anyways, maybe some of us do, some dont, no biggy..Just please understand Its no big deal,just was asking. (not controlling or demanding anything)
thanks for the reply to the public thou!! lol..
Glad yours sold!!Please understand, I havent seen too many of these out there either and was holding this one for another person, and never have I demanded him to pay for it, he has a few problems, and I have been very nice in holding it for him,not controlling or demanding him to do what he didnt want to do yet. So I was just letting you know to tell the other I had one!!
thanks
John
dont know your last name John but glad you got mine!
Please Also, I didnt know telling you to tell someone was bad or improper(so I forgot to say please)just short and simple wording and I know some of us may take words differently,just it was a little help to put the word in the birds ear that there is another one out there.
again sorry for anything you took personal
8438716140 if you ever just want to call me and clarify my wording
hope that helped you get out of the dog house with the wife too, Im sure it helped.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Please understand,We dont even want to discuss ebay and fees they get!! This is why you post something on this site and then post it sometimes on ebay to get the word out and other offers(if you check its on here many times,people offerning listings to cougar forum cheaper or at a price that isnt on a ebay listing). This saves guys that fee and IM sure all cougar guys would like to get the best price without worrying about that ebay fee gets for listing and then paypal fees too!!Im sure Im not the first offender to that!!You try to help a guy out to save some fees or get him a lower price if possible is what I think your suppose to do. Maybe I read that wrong in your thread what you meant.But I see it on here, cougar to cougar guys try to help another out finding the best price and the hard to find parts,that dont know this site even exist.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Selling an XR7 hood emblem and chrome (D3WY-16958-B and D3WY-16637-B) on ebay now.
I hope a real Cougar fan gets it.
More NOS parts to follow and one more XR7 convertible... Yellow with brown interior.
73 Cougar XR7 Crown & Jewel H.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts