Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This video been sitting on my computer for about 3 months, and I figured that I might as well throw it online. It's not the most entertaining or visually stunning video in the world, but if you like to see cool Cougars and listen to a couple guys stand around and yak about them for a few minutes, you'll love this!

Jon Morris of AZ has a beautiful restored blue/blue 69 XR7 390 IP 4-speed convertible and an equally beautiful blue (turquoise) 68 J-code (302-4v) XR7 that he and his wife restored over the course of about 20 years. It was cool to meet John and see his cars, and I hope this video is somewhat enjoyable :D

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Wow! Haven't seen Jon and Meg in (13? 14?) years; not since his time as Arizona Jaycees President. Remembering Jon; I can imagine those Cougars would shame any of the old FordMercury QC guys that ok'd them for shipment.

Beautiful cars, and thanks for reviving some great memories.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I didn't know that you couldn't get AC in 428 4 speed Cougar. Assuming I could afford the $300.00+ for AC (A lot of money back then), that would be a deal breaker for me. I'd get the automatic.
I had read that you couldn't get AC with a drag pack car or SJC but didn't know you couldn't get it with 4 speed at all.
I never had (working) AC in my 70 H code in the 13 years I owned it. Never cared, but in my old age, AC it a must.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Old age!! You ain't old!!!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Okay, Andrew or Don; why didn't you invite Jon to join the madness here on mercurycougar.net??? At least two members would like to talk to him.
sweetair dropped me a PM asking if I had contact info; but unfortunately, the last time I got to talk to Jon or Meg was at the 1997 US Jaycee's Annual Convention in Des Moines (yeah, I know, two guys from Arizona -involved in the same organization- have to fly to Iowa to visit with one another). :uhoh:

While watching that video this morning, I yelled "I KNOW THIS GUY!!!" and called Sue (SWMBO) who came to see who I was talking about. It took her a couple of minutes to make the connection; but then again, she didn't go to Iowa! When (if) I ever get my Cat ready for a cross-the-state prowl; I would love to look Jon up.
EDIT: After looking at each other's Cougars for a while, we could maybe compare notes on "Life after Jaycees" :evil:

EDIT AGAIN: Never mind.... I just found a thread he started back in 2004. Don't know if he's still active or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts