Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does any one have an extra turn signal switch for a 68 model? Also what are the pros and cons of using an electronic box to replace the turn signal sequential box in the trunk. If you have done this swap, who did you deal with and what was the success?
thanks,
mercury68
I think this cougar forum is cool!!!

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
Mike. New turn signal switches run $100 for non-tilt. The new electronic boxes run $170 and are the best thing to solve numerous T/S problems. I carry both in stock. John @ Casade Classics.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, maybe Mrs. Clause will get me one after Christmas.
mercury68

·
Registered
273 Posts
the switch in the column is easily repaired depending on the problem. electric switch is good if you are restoring to original specs Lance

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hey Mike, I did the sequencer swap a while back and it was as easy as unplugging the old sequencer and plugging in the new one. Now there is no sequencer noise...nice and quiet!! :D Can't help you with a vendor since I got mine on ebay but any cougar parts vendor should have it. Unless you're going for the original look...electronic is the way to go.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys, I wanted to hear from someone who had personally done this swap. I got a reply from John at Cascade Classics, who is a vendor, so now I know where to find the box, I just have to wait and recoup from Christmas before I order one.
Thanks,
mercury68

1 - 6 of 6 Posts