Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Monday:cry:

My 73 XR7's got something in one eye- kept winking only on the one side. Turns out the signal cam was worn. I tried replacing it with a "HELP" part, Wrong fit. Tried a Echlin part from NAPA- the store, the store, not the wine country, also no go. They both specified they would work on the 73 w/tilt colum so I am wondering if there was another replacement that got put in earlier that was not the OEM spec.

Anyone know what the correct part numbers for this Turn Signal Switch is? Pulling that wheel over and over again is getting old, I may have to head out to Napa afterall, the wine country, not the parts store.:D :buck:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm no expert but I just re-did my sequential system in my 67 and all works now (except the dash board indicators but I'll worry about those later). I bought parts and pieces from Cougars Unlimited in Albequerque. He has a web site. My suggestion is to ask Vic for advice.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
ED
try either don rush or john baumann, don rush at west coast classic cougars or john baumann at johns classic cougars. No sence of rebuilding it they have replacements for this situation.My 70 would stay down turning left but when i wanted to turn right i had to hold the turn signal lever.Try either 1 of them im sure you`ll have no problem locating 1
thanks
pat
p.s. 1-616-396-0390 john baumann
1-503-463-1130 don rush

1 - 3 of 3 Posts