Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
do you want to fix them

do you want them to work like they should?or just like anyother car. Dan:confused:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
has anyone used the electronic sequential light box before? im thinking about getting one for my car as the lights dont really flash all that great. the center one is nice and bright, but the two outer ones tend to flash dim and usually at the same time. i went to the link and i saw the new flasher can and the electronic box there too and i am thinking about getting both of them. let me know if its worth it. oh yeah, who makes the little rubber inserts that go between the front bumper and the fender ?? who can get them to me fast????????????????????????? i know autokrafters makes them, but the last time i ordered from them it took errr, a good amount of time to recieve it. Im too lazy to remove my bumper more than once to put them on, so i just want to do it when i reassemble the Cougar.... and i want to limit the excuses that Johnny law has to pull me over so i would like to do this ASAP. if i can get them within this week, ill order from someone. or if anyone here has a pair that they can get to me in a hurry, ill appreciate that as well.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Definately a worth while upgrade. I bought a electronic sequencer last week and put it in. 2 minutes to install and works awesome. Tails are perfectly timed and are much brighter than before...

Hmmm... I suppose I should officially review it. :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
turn signal switch questions

I agree with Logan the new electronic sequencer is worth the money. I put one in my 73 XR7 works great,bright turnlight every time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi There, I've got a question about the signal light sequencer. Everything seems to be working as it should, but I can hear an awful, almost grinding like noise coming from the sequencer itself.
I'm guessing, but the sequencer is located in the trunk, left side near the wheel well? I'm not much of a mechanic but it doesn't sound right. Also, when I turn on my indicator, the dash lights for the indicator will work for a few seconds and then just stop ticking. Yet the lights are still flashing... Do I need to replace the sequencer or is there a way to fix this?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Problem with the flasher can's is that the old mechanical ones are no longer made. The replacement's are all electronic and cycle too quickly.

With the Electronic sequencer, it's designed to work with the newer electronic flasher can's resulting in perfectly timed lights.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
ok how does one go about replacing the flasher can?? i think i want to upgrade both to the electronic units as the lights on the left side kinda work in sequence, but the right side all blink at the same time. either side is not as i would like it. if its a pain, i jut might leave it, but with my pretty new taillight design, it makes it that much more noticable.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hey CSR, the sequencer in my 67 is making a lot of noise as well...I attribute it to wear and its age. Will keep it running until it fails completely. The PO had wrapped it in foam and duct tape (I guess for the noise) ...but not good for moisture retention!! As for the dash indicators...mine are the same so are a lot of others. I noticed a big difference on their operation when the engine was running. Has to do with the output of the alternator...you can give that a check. Also noticed a difference when I was recharging my battery...indicators would be fine while the charger was doing its thing...So do you need to replace? I guess only if the noise really bugs you!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
bruter, now that I know it's not such an uncommon problem, I think I will take your advice. Like I mentioned before, everything works fine, just the noise. as far as the dash lights blinking inside, I too notice that when my car is running idle, the indicator lights won't blink or click, but once I rev up the engine a bit, they start blinking again. The moral of this story, everything's working, so I'll just leave it be. Thanks for the replies everyone! ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
what is a flasher can, what does it look like, and what does it do? I thought the sequencer did all the work, I've never heard of the flasher can and had my radio out a few times and never noticed anything back there that was linked to the signals...Also mine like just about everybody elses blinks slow and dim in the dash but sequences fine...sequencer makes noise too. Had it apart couple of times and couldn't really make it purrr.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts