Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if anyone has any experience finding the flasher for the turn signal lights and what it looks like. My signals won't work but my emergency flahsers will. ???

·
Registered
300 Posts
OOh,

there's a fun fun topic. The turnsignals work with a sequencer motor. The emergency flashers have a separate flasher unit that should do the front signals and the centers of the rear signals.

Sequencers are a topic on here somewhere. Try things like checking if the motor turns when you turn on your signals (you'd hear it clicking), the wires, etc. Should be a mounting board looking thing in your trunk, down inside the leftside.

When I got my car, the motor for the signals was burned out and someone had put a standard flasher unit on there to bypass the sequencer. I rebuilt the sequencer with a motor from a local electronics house and put a resistor inline to correct the speed.

I have a couple sequencer pics on my website.

www.geocities.com/gixxef/misc_info.html

Robert

·
Registered
314 Posts
I had this same problem with my '67. Unlike OC I took the
easy(expensive) way out and bought a completely new electrical sequential system from John's Classic Cougars.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
NOS Flashers

Cascade Classics has both NOS flashers and sequencers. Check vendor list foremail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts