Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where to get the plastice turn signal part that is in the column. I think mine is bad because the hazards work but not the turn signals...But if I hold a little bit of pressure on the hazard button the turn signals work...Any ideas. Thanks
Lance

·
Registered
337 Posts
With that .sig of yours, I probably shouldn't tell you this.... but I think the Cougar shares the turn signal cam with the Mustang. Call Mustangs Unlimited and ask for sure.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem Solved

Thanks.... Lance

·
Registered
269 Posts
6t8cat said:
Can anyone tell me where to get the plastice turn signal part that is in the column. I think mine is bad because the hazards work but not the turn signals...But if I hold a little bit of pressure on the hazard button the turn signals work...Any ideas. Thanks
Lance
6T8

How difficult was it to replace the turn signal arm? Mine just crapped out today?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I got mine from John's cougar central. It fixed my brake light issues and I found some broken plastic when I tore it apart.
Mine was about 75 bucks as I recall.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Why would he be on the wrong site if he is "preying" (read: devouring, beating, thrashing, taking advantage of, smoking, ravaging, etc.) on BowTies?

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
By turn signal arm do you mean that little metal 'stick' that comes out of your steering column? The one that you hold still with a small spanner and unscrew, or do different years have different arms?

·
Registered
269 Posts
72 Cat Yes exactly right. The one with the indentations near the base that you unscrew. What is involved in the removal and replacement of the signal switch that the arm activates.

I am under the impresssion that I have to remove the steering wheel and horn blow assembly and then unscrew the big nut in the center of the column to get to the turn signal switch...

Am I right?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I found the turnsignal cam at a local Checker in the "Help" section for 9 bucks. I couldnt believe it. I bought two. I still see them there all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts