Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a complete 351W and need a little help finding out some details on it. The block # is C9OE6015-B and still has the same factory heads, it was just overhauled 2 years back.
I know it was from 1969, but not 100% what it came out of. According to other people, its impossible to tell what it came out of unless you were there to document what it came out of, mustangtek.com says it could be out of a Shelby GT-350, Torino, or Fairlane? Does this sound right, and is there any other info that can be dished up on this block #? How much more valuable does this make the engine or car that its going into.

for the record I paid $1500

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I recently bought a complete 351W and need a little help finding out some details on it. The block # is C9OE6015-B and still has the same factory heads, it was just overhauled 2 years back.
I know it was from 1969, but not 100% what it came out of. According to other people, its impossible to tell what it came out of unless you were there to document what it came out of, mustangtek.com says it could be out of a Shelby GT-350, Torino, or Fairlane? Does this sound right, and is there any other info that can be dished up on this block #? How much more valuable does this make the engine or car that its going into.

for the record I paid $1500
Were you able to find a VIN / partial VIN stamped on the back drivers side of the block, near where it meets the head? There may also be a VIN stamp on the back of the head.

You can use that partial VIN to get an idea of what it came out of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts