Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed the Arizona DMV to see if they could provide me with some info on who the PO was. And this is what they told me.

"We do still have a record. The vehicle record indicates the only Arizona title issued was after the vehicle was found abandoned. "

FOUND ABANDONED. WHAT!!!! Now I am even more curious.
It has parking stickers for Deer Valley High School on it rear glass, 1989 - 91. Maybe it was abandoned at the High school???

if the PO was driving it in AZ with AZ tags, it would have to have an AZ title prior to the one i have.

Wish my car facts scrip hadnt ran out.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I'm also trying to trace the history of our two, and believe me its no good going to our equilavent to your DMV, I think they only got computers about 5 years ago.....! Did find someone who knows someone who might know something, today, just waiting for him to come back to me. Seems like some dealer imported most of the cougars here years ago. Pity I can't just enter the vin no and have someone tell me what happened to that particular car, have checked with Phil, can't help me. I know I can get the Marti report but its that saga of sending money over....:(

·
Registered
648 Posts
I found an 'inactive' title dating back to 1993 in Ohio for 68 KAT. I am going to email them to find out if the title originated in OH or if it came from a different state prior. This title would be the PO prior to the PO I purchased from.

Stay tuned :)

Ken

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I have been able to find 5 POs on The Swamper. I did identify the 6th but noone knows where he went. It also seems he is the on that cabaged up the wiring.
I also believe there is an other 69 Eliminator in the area bases on talking with people that have seen mine and knew someone with one. The front end guy I use had the other one about 8 years ago and did the Shelby drop on it's front end. I came up dry trying to track from him.

the Marti's report did identify it originally sold in state plus all options.

·
Registered
694 Posts
With my XR7G, I paid 167.00 to Kevin Marti for Elite Report, just to find out more info on it. I'm glad I did, it is the only hertz XR7G in black cherry to go to the state of Arizona!
I got lucky, however, because I bought the car from Craig Vandenberg in Minnesota, he had stored the car for some 25 years in dry storage, and he was a cougar nut back in the seventies! Back then he was able to get a copy of EVERY title that had been issued on the car. I have spent a little time looking for these people on internet, I found one so far. A lady still living in Arizona has fond memories of the car, her husband bought it for her and upon birth of their third child made her sell it to get a bigger car..... a neat story,though. I plan on tracking down more of the previous owners sometime. I hope you have good luck finding your information.........Keith

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AZ DMV sent me another email. they are sending me a form for the title history. nice folks over there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts